Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birfday!

Spring has sprung! It's gorgeous outside, so I bought a bunch of seed packets and a mini-greenhouse full of peat pellets. You add water to the pellets and they get all puffy like little chocolate cakes. Then you plant the seeds in the peat pots, put the plastic lid on the greenhouse, and presto! baby plants in about a week!

I thought this would be a fantastic little project for Ethan to learn about plants, so I was kind of disappointed (but not surprised) when Ethan had absolutely NO interest in what I was doing. He just ran around the back yard, chasing Daisy and playing in puddles. He did like the little round coriander seeds, though. He got a handful and threw some of them at the peat pots yelling "little balls!" That's my boy. :o)

Anyway, I got several colored toothpicks to mark out which herbs were in which peat pots, and I stuck a few into the sides of some of the pots. Ethan wandered over, pulled the colorful toothpicks out of the sides of the pots and moved them to the tops. After he had a nice little row of toothpicks sticking straight up, he sat down and started singing: "Happy Birfday to you, Happy Birfday to you..."

They DO look like teeny little birthday cakes with colorful little toothpick candles on top!! :oD

No comments:

Post a Comment