Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Being a Mommy

Ethan didn't like the carrots I made, but he likes jarred carrots. He didn't like the green beans I made, so I decided to try giving him the jarred version for dinner last night. At first, he was having none of it. But then I mixed them with a little bit of oatmeal, and he started scarfing them down as fast as I could give them to him! I was on the phone with a friend and I was excitedly telling her what a little green-bean-eating champ my son is. Oh, what a proud momma!

As soon as I finished praising my son's love for a new veggie, he put me right back in my place. All the green beans, oatmeal and water he'd had for dinner made their way back up. His face, his bib, his clothes and his high chair were covered in yuckiness! And what does the kid do?? He *grins* at me and opens wide for more green beans!! Yeah, right!

Today, dinner went much more smoothly. I was leery, but I decided to go ahead and try the green beans again. They stayed down...woo hoo!! After dinner, Jim and I decided to put on a bubble show for him. He was not impressed, but Daisy had fun trying to catch them, and Ethan got a kick out of watching her.

It really is amazing to be a mom. I bundled Ethan up in his sling today and we went for a walk in the neighborhood. He is so much fun to watch! Everything is so new and exciting to him. We walked past a stop sign, and his eyes were riveted to it until it disappeared around a corner. A school bus and a Fed-Ex truck passed by, and he got all excited when he heard their loud engines. Later, he was playing with some toys on the sofa, and he was so cute, I just had to cuddle him. He started to laugh, so I tickled him to keep him laughing. His little face just lights up and those giggles are the best sound in the world. I don't have the words to describe how much I love him and how he makes me feel, but I know all of you who are parents totally get it. It's just amazing!

Hee, he just sneezed a little baby sneeze in the other room, where he and Daddy are getting some quality alone-time. But it's way past time for bed, so Mommy's gotta go help him settle down. I can't say it enough...I looooove this kid! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment