Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Today

Except for the fact that naptime was a complete mess, we had a great day today! After breakfast (and no morning nap), we met Tatem and her 3-month old daughter, Eliza, for lunch. The kiddos slept through most of lunch perched on the table in their carseats. They were awake by the time we left, so we looked at windchimes at Wild Birds, Unlimited. Then we went to a kids' resale shop where I got Ethan an umbrella stroller, a foam ABC playmat, and BabyLegs since crawling on carpet is tearing up his knees. (BabyLegs are kind of like baby legwarmers, only think less '80's pop chic and more crunchy Austin hippy chic...).

Anyway, after that, we went to a pet store to show the kids hamsters, fish and bunnies. Eliza was less than impressed...I think she was actually asleep?...but Ethan liked the fish. Finally, we ended up at Barnes and Noble and hung out in the kids' book section, where we found a playgroup pal, Eli, and her nanny, Elyse. Eliza and Tatem read books and looked at pictures while Eli and Ethan crawled all over the place, looked at books, and just made weird baby noises...they had fun!
Also, Ethan climbed up a step, all by himself...crazy kid! He just started really crawling, and he's already climbing stuff. Yikes!

We finally left because I could tell E was getting tired. He napped a bit on the way home, but mostly he fussed. When we got home, I tried to get him down for a nap, and he just lost it! He cried for a good 45 minutes...just inconsolable. I thought it might be his teeth, so I gave him some Tylenol after about 10 minutes, but it didn't really seem to help. He finally wore himself out and napped for an hour and a half, poor little guy. He's having such a rough time sleeping right now, but he is an absolute sweetheart angel when he's up and playing.

At dinner tonight, I gave him some avocado. I think he liked it, but hard to tell. Anytime I give him any new food, he makes crazy faces, but he always opens up for more...? He's also had macaroni noodles, kiwi fruit, and black beans this week. Trying to introduce more variety to him. We got a book, Super Baby Foods, recently. It's all about how to prepare homemade food for babies. It's advocating feeding him yogurt and egg yolks, so I asked his doc about it. She recommended no eggs till after 1 year, and said to take it slow with the dairy since I'm lactose-intolerant. She said to start with hard cheeses first since they have less lactose, and just see how he does with those. So, we'll be trying that soon.

Oh! And he started taking baths in the big-boy tub a few days ago! I think tonight was the 3rd or 4th time? He likes it! He cried the first couple of times, but I think he's gotten used to it, and he likes being able to splash and play with more toys now that he has more room!

Anyway, it was a good day! We're going to a yoga class with the playgroup tomorrow...yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment