Ethan's already getting to be a handful! This afternoon, I was sorting mail at our dining room table, and I watched him crawl toward the foot of the stairs. No biggie, I figured. He can't climb them yet, but he likes to pull up on the bottom step. I looked away for a few seconds to open a piece of mail and pull it out of the envelope, then I looked back at the stairs...no Ethan! I could hear him making baby noises, but I couldn't see him anymore.
I dropped the letter and hurried to the stairs. He was on the second step, working his way up to the third one! He learns a new skill every day! He made it all the way up to the 4th step before he decided that he was tired of climbing. We have already installed baby gates at the top of the stairs to keep him from falling, but I guess we need to go ahead and install the ones we got for the bottom of the stairs, too. Kiddo is everywhere. It's amazing how quickly he figures stuff out. Great for him, but scary for Mommy!
Other than that, what have we been up to? His sleeping is getting better, thank goodness. Today, we played outside in the grass (without a blanket) for the first time. He wasn't happy with that. The grass is all winter brown and crunchy, so he didn't like it at all. He also drank out of a cup in his high chair, but I took the lid off the sippy cup and let him make a mess. He was sopping wet, but it was new and interesting to him. He's used to tipping sippy cups over without worrying about a mess, so this was a surprise. We went to a mom group yoga class yesterday. I didn't get to do much yoga, though. Spent most of the time chasing him and keeping him out of trouble. :o) But we still had a good time! Ethan and daddy are sleeping now. Mommy's going to go join them!
No comments:
Post a Comment