Saturday, March 1, 2008

Crazy week!

Not sure if I blogged about this already (I think not, but I just can't remember!) but Mo was in town for the last part of last week. We had such a good time with her. Ethan just LOOOOVES spending time with his Grammy! They are so cute together! He just smiles and grins at her (and her dog, Tucker), and Mo's just crazy about him and loves to watch him show off all of his new skills.

On Saturday, we went up to her property in Jonestown and took Ethan and Tucker to the lake. Ethan had never seen a lake, ducks, or geese, so he had a pretty good time. Someone had broken a branch off of a biiiig oak tree, so I took Ethan over to it so he could check out the leaves, branches and bark. He didn't seem to like it, but I'm determined that he's going to like nature, unlike his daddy! :o)

On Monday and Tuesday, Mo and I (mostly Mo while I took care of E) picked a bunch of colorful perrenials, cleaned up my front flower bed and planted the new plants. They look great! I'd been meaning to fill in our bed for ages, but after the bed was created, it was the middle of summer (too hot to plant), then I got pregnant in the fall and was sick, was huge last spring, and then was busy with Ethan last fall. So, I am SO GLAD that Mo was able to help me with all of her gardening knowledge and actual manual labor! She is AWESOME!!! She also gave me lots of ideas for other things to plant, and I'm looking forward to doing that this spring!

In other news: Ethan's first top tooth (3rd tooth) broke through on Tuesday. It was his top left tooth. Only part of it came through, though, so he's been pretty miserable all week. The worst of it seems to be over for now, but his other top tooth looks like it's getting ready to come through, so I'm sure we'll be going through some more cranky days and sleepless nights very soon. He hadn't been eating much because of the pain, but now it's like I can't get enough food into him fast enough...he's ravenous! I'm just taking advantage of this while I can. I hope to help him chunk up before the next hunger strike! :o)

A couple of days ago, I went to the store and got him some Earth's Best Barley teething biscuits and some Mango and Pear baby food. The biscuits were a complete mess, but he LOVED them! He was covered in gunk, but he was soooo happy! And apparently, the kiddo is a big fan of mangos! I'd been having a hard time getting him to eat any fruit but bananas, but he went through the jar of mangos really quickly and kept looking for more when it was gone. It was pretty funny!

All week was pretty crazy with Mo in town, Ethan having fits because of his teeth, and the termites. Yes, the termites. Our house has termites. So, I called around for estimates after Mo left, and inspectors came by on Wednesday and they did the treatment yesterday. It was funny, all 3 companies (Terminix, Orkin, and ABC Pest and Lawn) use the same chemicals and techniques, but ABC was about 1/3 the cost of the two national companies. The guy who did the treatment was very sweet, and he was great about answering all of my questions.

I'm late for Ethan's dinnertime, so I need to sign off!

No comments:

Post a Comment